We defend clients accused of any crime ranging from shoplifting to homicide, with an emphasis on DUI, drugs, and domestic violence cases. During her nine years as a prosecutor, Ruth Emily Vogel specialized in sex crime and drug prosecutions. Her experience includes over 150 jury trials and countless trials before a judge.
For the past 20 years, Ruth and her team have successfully defended clients in municipal, district and superior courts in King, Pierce, and Snohomish County. Crimes we have defended include driving while intoxicated, domestic violence, felony assault, felony stalking, rape, sex offenses, kidnapping, and felon in possession of a firearm.
Ultimately each client has a unique situation, and we work hard to defend you from a complex and unfair system.
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
If you are like most people charged with DUI, this is probably an isolated incident. It is entirely normal to feel confused, scared, and hopeless. Washington has strict DUI punishments, including mandatory jail time. However, it is important to realize that if the authorities charge you with a DUI, it does not mean you will be convicted. A variety of factors can lead to an improper charge and allow for a challenge, including:
- Certain health conditions like diabetes and acid reflux.
- Recent imbibing of alcohol.
- Improper pre-arrest procedure.
- Malfunctioning or improper use of the breathalyzer.
If authorities pull you over, and you are concerned about a DUI charge, we recommend you do the following:
- Have your license and registration ready.
- Limit your interaction and speech with the officer.
- Call us immediately at 206-706-2909!
If You Interact With the Police or May be Facing a Criminal Prosecution:
- Know your rights! Many people are aware of their “Miranda rights” but are unaware that they don’t apply in all situations.
- Ensure that before you talk with law enforcement, by phone or in person, speak with an attorney.
- Become better educated and make a more informed decision by calling our office and setting up a consultation for up to one hour.
Free initial consultation
I have become increasingly well-impressed with Ruth Vogel’s astuteness and resourcefulness. I have come to be particularly grateful to have had her available for referrals and look forward to ongoing contacts and professional services by her.Colleague