Experienced Family Law Attorneys in Seattle, WA
Serving North King and South Snohomish counties and the surrounding communities
Ivy Law Group, PLLC provides representation in all aspects of family law, including divorce, visitation, paternity, adoption, and protection orders. We combine our aggressive trial skills with our social service background to provide quality representation for you in dealing with family law issues. Our family law attorneys help clients from Everett, Seattle, and Bellevue, among other locations in the King and Snohomish County areas.
- Review any and all legal documents you may have.
- Make a list of goals you are trying to achieve. Prioritize the well-being and best interests of your children and yourself.
- Take all safety precautions. Your safety and the safety of your family need to be your priority. Take all necessary steps to ensure that you are protected.
- Contact us to discuss the above steps and set up your free initial consultation.
Risky Family Law Scenarios Requiring Immediate Assistance
- You have a child with someone and are in the process of separating but don’t have a parenting plan.
- A parenting plan has been ordered but hasn’t followed it for years.
- Your child’s birth certificate doesn’t have your name on it.
- You have been in a relationship with someone but never married or registered as a domestic partnership, have acquired assets and debts with that person, and are now separating.
- Your partner has engaged in physical or emotionally behavior and you are in fear, or you are unfairly accused of making someone else fearful.
You don’t have to go through this alone. Our compassionate attorneys and staff are always available to help you deal with the emotional and legal crises you and your family are facing.
Knowing what will be requested of you during your dissolution and being prepared to discuss those items is key to maximizing your outcome. We have attached two documents that can assist you. Our Initial Consultation Preparation handout will give you a good idea of how your free initial consultation will be, and what we will discuss. Our Family Law Questionnaire will provide us with very basic facts to give you the best advice possible. The resources are not required for your consultation, and are provided for your convenience.
Co-parenting. Although the marriage or romantic relationship with the other parent has ended, the relationship as co-parents usually continues. This packet provides information and guidance on how to navigate parenting responsibilities and lessen the negative impact upon the child(ren):Guide for Parents Living Apart
Related legal issues. Once your divorce has been finalized it is important to tackle related matters such as estate planning. We can help. Check out this form with some of the tasks you’ll want to do after you’ve signed your divorce decree:Post Decree Checklist
Often times domestic violence is a factor in ending relationships. People may not recognize it when it is happening to them. It is important to be informed and educated. Domestic violence is not only physical abuse but encompasses a broad range of actions based on attempts to gain power and control within an intimate relationship. To learn more about unhealthy and abusive relationships, including early signs of abuse, see the link below:
If you are in an abusive relationship, visit http://www.ncadv.org/need-help/get-help to get help and learn about ways to protect yourself.
Free initial consultation
I am grateful to Christopher and his firm, Ivy Law Group, for representing me in a very bitter and emotional divorce. I thought for sure that my x would never settle, but with Chris’ skillful work and dedication, she settled in the end. The settlement resulted in more time with my kids and fair financial terms – outcomes I thought impossible at the outset. Thank you Chris.Paul